Alcatel-Lucent is a world leader in designing and producing scalable systems for service providers and famous as pioneer in service routing since 2003.
Alcatel-Lucent MRP certification emphasizes on teaching the skills and knowledge to individuals require for building, designing and supporting todays advanced scalable IP/MPLS mobile networks and services. This program gives the training to design, operate and troubleshoot new networks and allowing corporations to achieve most of ROI.
BENEFITS FOR THE ORGANIZATION:
This certification helps in achieving:
- An edge over the competitors
- Cost effective and User centric.
- Faster time to market a product,
- High reliability and availability.
- Strong operational efficiencies
- High scalability for delivering lucrative mobile services
- Highest possible quality of experience
- Retention of customers and attract new customers through Word of Mouth.
IP professionals learn fundamentals of networking through the Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist coursework. This exam is one of the Alcatel-Lucent SRC program among five certifications (NRS II). No prerequisites are required for this exam but it is strongly recommended that the Alcatel-Lucent Scalable IP Networks course have already been taken for a better grasp and understanding of this course. A solid IP networking is necessary to understand the basic terminologies of Ethernet and basic WAN protocol understanding.
SUGGESTED FOLLOW-ON COURSE:
This course should be followed with the Border Gateway Protocol course. This provides comprehensive training in IP networking and services for intermediate- level professionals. In order to fully ensure its proper understanding, students should register for Alcatel-Lucent IGP exam.
The course objective includes an understanding of:
- Static and default routing
- Routing Information Protocol
- Link state protocols,
- Operation and implementation of OSPF and its configuration in basic and complex network topologies.
- Understanding OSPFv3, configure, operate and implementation of OSPF in a network.
- Defining and implementing the operations of IS-IS successfully and understanding IPV6.
- Differentiating between IS-IS and OSPF, configuring a complex network with the help of both and troubleshooting.
- Filters and Policies.
BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE:
Upon completion of this course, students will be familiar with:
- Details of the protocol operation of RIP.
- Implementation of RIP in An Alcatel-Lucent environment.
- Details of IS-IS and its implementation.
- Details of OSPF, configuring and verifying complex networks using both protocols.
- Details and operation of router redundancy and its implementation in Alcatel-Lucent environment.
- Details and operations of filters and its implementation.
- Basic concepts of IPv6
PRICING AND DURATION:
The duration of this exam is 90 minutes plus a 45 minute tutorial. There are sixty questions in English language for 4A0-101 exam. Exemptions for these exams are only for individuals who have IP certifications from other organizations such as Cisco Certifications, Juniper Certifications (M- Series and E- Series). This exam costs US $125 in North America however price may vary according to different countries.
RECOMMENDED BOOK FOR REFERENCE:
- Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II)
- Self-study Guide by Glenn Wanock and Amin Nathoo (The both authors are working for Alcatel-Lucent and have vast experience in Service Routing Certification.)